Global IT Manager
For our client Kebony we are looking for an experienced, professional and skilled Global IT Manager as a strategic but also hands-on business partner in the field of IT. A wonderful IT function that is crucial for the further development of Kebony. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager who likes to build up from a small-sized IT operation and transform it into a futureproof IT organization. An energetic personality that inspires and motivates others to go the extra mile. You are responsible for the IT strategy and all related activities. You build your team and ensure a safe, efficient, and future-proof IT environment. You are innovative, determine together with the business what the organization needs in the field of IT, identify potential risks, and respond appropriately. You have a structured analytical approach and report to the CFO.
Our client Kebony is the leading global modified wood brand. Underpinned by proven wood modification technologies, it produces an enhanced wood of a superior quality that is both environmentally friendly and cost-effective. From its production facilities located in Skien (Norway) and Antwerp (Belgium), Kebony redefines standards in the timber industry and new possibilities for wood as a sustainable construction material. Kebony’s vision is to reduce CO2 emissions and tropical deforestation using its patented wood modification techniques.
Developed in Norway, the Kebony-technique is an environmentally friendly, patented process that enhances the properties of sustainable softwood with a bio-based liquid (furfuryl alcohol). The process of impregnation, curing and drying permanently modifies the wood cell walls, giving it premium hardwood characteristics and a rich brown color.
With over 140 employees and an annual growth of 30% Kebony is a scale-up company that recently announced a successful EUR 30 million funding round. The capital injection will expand and accelerate Kebony’s growth initiatives in core markets in Europe and the US. A major challenge in the growth strategy lies in building effective and efficient global IT services. Therefore, we are currently looking for a candidate for the position of Global IT Manager.
Office is moving from Kallo Antwerp to Berchem Antwerp
The IT infrastructure and servicedesk have been outsourced to an external IT provider. The current ERP application needs to be upgraded and a new CRM application is to be implemented. IT is managed by an interim IT Manager with a focus on business applications and projects. Another IT specialist is responsible for onsite support. Additional IT expertise is mainly sourced externally. The current IT situation and organization has been developed organically and needs to be transformed to a state-of-the-art IT organization that delivers IT services that are aligned with business needs, futureproof, reliable, secure and above all scalable to support the needs of a fast-growing international company.
As Global IT Manager you are responsible for the development, support and operation of Kebony's IT organization and the successful realization and implementation of IT projects.
You advise the business on the development of a sustainable IT strategy and make concrete proposals so that Kebony is better able to achieve its objectives, within a private equity context.
You draw up the strategic plan for the IT development and digital growth of Kebony in coordination with the CFO to whom you report yourself. You have frequent contact with the COO, BU directors and other stakeholders of Kebony. Externally you have contact with IT providers, software developers and other suppliers.
You oversee all IT-operations, devise and establish IT-policies and you drive lifecycle management to ensure the appropriate capital expenditures. You control the budget and report on expenditure.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Information strategy;
- IT landscape and architecture;
- Cyber security;
- Data management;
- Project management;
- IT process management;
- Contract & supplier management;
- Budgeting & cost management.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will have important focus areas for the coming 1-2 years:
- IT due diligence – assessing the current state of affairs regarding IT.
- Basics in order – ensuring that basic IT services and security standards are properly implemented within Kebony across the various organizational units.
- Further development of the IT strategy, derived from the Kebony strategic goals and business needs.
- Drawing up a multi-year IT roadmap derived from the IT strategy.
- Assess and (re)define the outsourcing scope and strategy.
- Build up and coach the IT-team.
- Manage the IT projects (ERP/CRM/…).
DOWNLOAD HERE THE EXTENSIVE JOB PROFILE IN PDF
The ideal candidate we are looking for likes to build up from a small-sized IT operation and transforms it into a futureproof IT organization. You think and act from a business perspective and liaise easily with various senior Kebony stakeholders. A strong leader and communicator who empowers internal and external IT professionals, relies on their expertise, and provides hands-on support where necessary, without losing sight of the desired results. You continuously see opportunities and possibilities and do not let yourself be held back by things that are less well organized. You communicate easily and in understandable language, you are pragmatic and hands-on, and you are customer and service oriented. Furthermore, you have:
- Academic level of work and thinking and preferably a completed relevant academic education such as information science, business administration or similar.
- Proven track record as IT manager in an industrial and international organization and experience with the dynamics of a corporate organization versus operating companies.
- Knowledge of and experience within the area of supply chain, manufacturing and related applications like ERP/MRP/CRM/MES/PIM. Experience with Microsoft AX 2012 and D365 is a plus
- Experience with project management, service management, architecture, security and supplier management.
- Experience with process optimization and change management in a dynamic organization.
- BE/NL based and proficient in the Dutch and English language.
You also possess the following competencies:
- Analytical skills and you work in a structured way.
- Hands-on if/when required
- Excellent advisory skills at board and senior management level.
- Innovative, continuously looking for added value through innovative IT solutions.
- Customer- and business-oriented: you are at the forefront of IT and you also know how to optimize crucial business processes.
- Knows how to inspire people and has experience in coaching IT-professionals.
- Communicative, organization sensitive and has good social skills to work well together at all levels, internally and externally.
- Result oriented, realistic, you like pragmatic solutions.
Working at Kebony means a job in a pleasant and informal culture where sustainability, customer focus, quality awareness and collaboration are of paramount importance. A fast-growing private equity owned business with an international character and a product that everyone is proud of. You will work in a challenging technical environment in which you will be given the opportunity to develop further. As a good employer, Kebony offers employees a safe, stable and challenging working environment.
Your working location is Antwerp (Belgium), but you will also work from other locations such as Skien (Norway) and (mainly hybrid) with locations abroad. Partial working from home is possible.
APPLICATION AND PLANNING
Do you want to contribute to the continued development of Kebony? Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application or response as soon as possible.
- We would like to receive applications (a job-specific motivation letter plus resume) (as soon as possible) via InterExcellent.
- Based on a letter and resume selection, the most suitable candidates are invited for an exploratory interview with InterExcellent.
- The most suitable candidates are then nominated to the Kebony selection committee, which decides whom they wish to meet.
- All dates for conversations are planned in consultation.
- References of the final candidate can be called after coordination. A (development) assessment can be part of the procedure.
CONTACT ABOUT THIS VACANCY
This procedure is managed by Sietse Bergstra, partner, and Willy van Middelaar, research consultant, InterExcellent IT Regie Management, Baarn. Tel: +31 (0)35 - 5280430, www.interexcellent.nl.
- Antwerp (Berchem) - Belgium